| We are very excited to be welcoming guests again at Gondwana’s Khoi San inspired Kwena Lodge.
Every year we shut the lodge down briefly for some TLC. This year we also tackled an outdoor landscaping and decking project which has enhanced and expanded our outdoor recreational spaces for guests to enjoy the beautiful Cape Fynbos landscape.
We want to thank our hard-working team who managed this ambitious project within a tight timeline even with record rainfall in May and June!
More Detail on Kwena Lodge Upgrades:
- Kwena Lodge underwent an extensive landscaping project utilizing only indigenous trees, shrubs and Fynbos approved by Gondwana’s on site botanist. We are very excited about this project as it has enhanced the surrounding biodiversity and beautiful natural setting that guests enjoy when staying at Kwena Lodge. We look forward to experiencing this new natural landscaping as it develops and matures over time, drawing endemic birdlife and wildlife.
- A new entrance to the lodge was created where guests arrive by car as well as depart and return from game drives. This new entrance driveway and walkway creates a beautiful elevated first view of the lodge and mountain and Fynbos landscape. The previous reception facility remains but will be utilized more for guest administration and curio shop.
- All of Kwena Lodge’s pathways to the communal recreational areas and outdoor dining spaces have been re-decked in beautiful Garapa hardwood.
- The infinity pool at Kwena Lodge now has 10 private double sun deck areas each with 2 plush pool poof loungers and an umbrella with beautiful rock walls finishing off each intimate space.
- The outdoor dining boma has been re-purposed into a fun outdoor bar and lounge area near the pool with spectacular views of the surrounding landscape and nearby waterhole frequented by elephant and buffalo. This new space has a beautiful bar with stools to enjoy freshly made cocktails, 3 lounge seating areas as well as additional table seating for guests who want to enjoy a poolside snack. All the areas can be in full sun or shaded by cantilever umbrellas.
- We have joined the two elegant indoor dining rooms with a large central outdoor dining deck that takes in the beautiful mountainous scenery from its elevated position. The new modern dining outdoor dining tables and chairs can all be shaded with cantilever umbrellas. This will be a wonderful spot to enjoy breakfast and lunch under the warm African sun.
- All 14 of Kwena Lodge’s 5-star bedrooms have had a substantial upgrade with expanded outdoor deck areas, a new lounge area in each bedroom as well as luxurious and plush new king size beds including new high thread count linen and handmade decorative African scatter cushions and throws. The bedrooms also have all new hanging basket lights and custom-made wall lights in the back vanity area which includes a tea service and new double ottoman in a fun African fabric.