Live Weather Report on Gondwana
What To Pack – Essentials for all seasons
The best clothing to wear on Safari, is light and comfortable. Dress in layers and in the colours of the African Bush
~ Khaki, brown and beige.
- 1 wide-brim Safari Hat or cap
- 1 Beanie for cooler weather
- Neutral Safari coloured tops and bottoms (short sleeve and long sleeve shirts & pants / jeans and shorts)
- A Fleece or puffer Jacket
- Walking shoes & a pair of flip-flops
- Insect Repellent
- Binoculars: 10×42’s are best.
- Camera with a long lens is ideal
- Travel Adaptor & chargers
Subject to particular package booked.
Please inform us of any dietary requirements you may have or special requests such as celebrations, special interests or special needs.
- Check in from 13:00
- Lunch 13:00 -14:30
- Check in to room 14:00
- Afternoon Tea 15:30-16:00
- Afternoon game drive departs 15:30 – 16:30 (seasonal)
- Dinner from 19:00
- Morning game drive departs 06:00 – 07:00 (seasonal)
- Breakfast from 08:00 – 10:00
- Check Out 10:30
Contact Reservations: +27 (0)21 555 0807 / +27 (0)74 582 4861
Lodge: +27 (0)44 333 0200
Pre-book the activities below to avoid disappointment
Tented Bush Spa
Gondwana’s Tented bush spa offers a full treatment menu utilizing the luxurious and all natural Africology product. Signature treatments include the anti-aging Sundowner Facial, African Bliss Body Wrap, and Happy Hippo Mud Wrap. The spa is a wonderful compliment to the overall restorative guest experience on the reserve – come and revitalize yourself with nature’s touch, tone and tempo.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to book a Spa treatment.
Fynbos Walking Experience
Join your experienced Field Guide and explore the unique flora on Gondwana Game Reserve on foot. Enjoy a guided walking flower safari in the Reserve’s protected walking area and learn about the conservation of our rare and endangered Fynbos biome. R250 per person, departs after breakfast.
Email: email@example.com to book your Fynbos walking experience.
Gondwana offers 4 demarcated mountain biking routes situated in the Reserve’s 1000 hectare Protected and Endangered Species Area. We have complimentary mountain bikes with helmets for children and adults. You are also welcome to bring your own mountain bike. Please enquire at Reception to reserve a bike and to get a map of the trails.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to book your bikes.
Guest Conservation Activity
Volunteer an hour of your time to help remove invasive Black Wattle trees from the Reserve.
Nothing like getting active on Safari!
11 am Daily, meet at Reception
Email: email@example.com to book the Guest Conservation Experience.
Exhilarating game drives in a Free-roaming Big 5, 11 000 hectare private game reserve. Experiencing wildlife in a Cape Floral Setting is a once in a lifetime experience!
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Families with Children on Safari
- Gondwana is a family and child friendly game reserve.
- All families are accommodated in the spacious and luxurious 3 and 4 bedroom Bush and Fynbos Villas for their comfort and convenience.
- DISTANCE & SELF-DRIVE TO BUSH VILLAS: All guests staying in the more remote Bush Villas will be required to self-drive in their own vehicle to and from Kwena Lodge for all meals and game drives. Fynbos Villa guests are transferred the short distance to Kwena Lodge.
- FYNBOS & BUSH VILLAS COOKING FACILITIES: If you are staying in one of our Fynbos or Bush Villas, please note you will have full kitchen and BBQ facilities. If you are not on a full board package, please bring any food you require for meals and snacks with you as there is not a shop on site to buy food. The closest town is Mossel Bay which is 30km away where you can find shops and other Garden Route attractions. We do provide lunch picnics and take away dinners and BBQ packs on request.
The Junior Ranger Program is complimentary for all children staying with 2 paying adults on a full or half board package. The program includes educational family game drives, interactive activities with your Field Guide as well as a fun Ranger’s backpack and custom safari booklet to fill in throughout your stay.
Click here to Visit the Junior Ranger webpage
Download the Junior Ranger Fact Sheet
CHILDREN ON GAME DRIVE
- Children 6 years and older are permitted on the scheduled game drives
- For safety reasons, children under the age of 2 years are not permitted on game drives.
- Children under the age of 6 are not permitted on game drives with other guests, only on a private vehicle.
- The Lodge Team will, upon check-in, endeavour to facilitate young family Game Drives at no additional charge for families with children aged 2+ – 6 years of age. This is subject to availability and ages of children staying on the Reserve.
- A private vehicle can be reserved at an additional cost of R1 500 per game drive or R3000 per day to facilitate children from 2 – 5 years of age on Game Drives, should the family require this. This option is only bookable 48 hours prior to arrival and is subject to availability.
- Child minding can be arranged in the Villas during game drive times @ R150 per hour subject to availability 48 hours prior to your stay. In room dining can be arranged.
- Children’s menus are available. Please advise us should your children have any specific dietary requests, and we will gladly accommodate them.
- If parents wish to dine in privacy, baby-sitting can be arranged in the Villas with in room dining meals for kids to enjoy.
- Gondwana offers babysitting facilities (R150/sitter/hr), subject to availability.
- Families may also request picnic baskets for lunch in their villa and Braai packs with prepared sides for dinners.
Garden Route Attractions
There are many wonderful tourist and natural attractions on Gondwana’s doorstep. The Garden Route is known as the Garden of Eden; the area is one of the most visually spectacular tourism destinations in the world with mountains and ocean wherever you look.