The Junior Ranger Programme
Nature provides countless opportunities for discovery, creativity, and problem-solving!
Children of all ages are welcome on Gondwana …
Get the Children out in nature!
What is this all about?
The Junior Ranger Programme is available for all children staying with adults on the reserve at an additional charge of R350 per child per activity.
The programme includes educational family game drives, interactive activities with a dedicated Junior Ranger Field Guide, such as tracking, as well as a fun Junior Ranger’s backpack and custom safari booklet to fill in throughout their stay.
During game drives and other activities with their ranger, kids will be taught how to identify mammals, birds, Fynbos species, and even stars.
They will leave Gondwana with a greater understanding of conservation and our precious ecosystem, all while having a safari holiday they will never forget!
- Families are accommodated in private villas (Kwena Lodge Villas or Lehele Lodge Villas) for their comfort and convenience. Cots and highchairs are available on request.
- Children under the age of 6 stay free when sharing with two full-paying adults. Children under the age of 12 stay for 50% of the adult rate.
- For safety reasons, children under the age of 2 years, are not permitted on game drives.
- Children under the age of 6 are not permitted on game drives with other guests. We try to accommodate young families with children under 6 together on game drives, subject to availability.
- Gondwana offers private game vehicles (R8000.00 per 3-hour game drive), subject to availability.
- Children’s menus are available at all times. Please advise us should your children have any specific dietary requests.
- Baby-sitting can be arranged in the Villas during meal times or game drives at R150 per hour.
- The Junior Ranger Programme is available for children staying at an additional R350.00 per child per activity