The Junior Ranger Programme
Nature provides countless opportunities for discovery, creativity & problem-solving!
Children of all ages are welcome on Gondwana …
Get the Children out in nature!
What is this all about
The Junior Ranger Programme is complimentary for all children staying with 2 paying adults on a full or half board package.
The program includes educational family game drives, interactive activities with a dedicated Junior Ranger Field Guide such as fishing and tracking, as well as a fun Ranger’s backpack and cool custom safari booklet to fill in throughout their stay.
During game drives and other activities with their ranger, kids will be taught how to identify mammals, birds, Fynbos species, and even stars.
They will leave Gondwana with a greater understanding of conservation and our precious eco system all while having a safari holiday they will never forget!
- Families are accommodated into Private Villas Families are accommodated into Private Villas (Fynbos Villas or Bush Villas) for their comfort and convenience. Cots and highchairs are available on request.
- Children under the age of 6 stay free when sharing with 2 full paying adults. Children under the age of 12 stay for 50% of the adult rate.
- For safety reasons, children under the age of 2 years are not permitted on game drives.
- Children under the age of 6 are not permitted on game drives with other guests. We try to accommodate young families with children under 6 together on game drives subject to availability.
- Gondwana offers private game vehicles (R3000 per day or R1500 per drive) subject to availability and only confirmed / guaranteed 48 hours prior to your stay.
- Children’s menus are available at all times. Please advise us should your children have any specific dietary requests.
- Child minding can be arranged in the Villas during meal times or game drives times @ R150 per hour. In room dining can be arranged.
- A complimentary Junior Ranger experience is available for children staying with adults on a full or half board package.