Owning A Home On Gondwana
A once in a lifetime investment in conservation and in your family.
Experience an authentic Cape Safari Lifestyle.
Own a safari home in a Big Five game reserve with 5-star amenities and the ultimate luxury . . . space to enjoy your natural surroundings.
Gondwana Private Residences
The award winning Gondwana Game Reserve is ideally and accessibly located on South Africa’s popular Garden Route, less than four hour’s drive from Cape Town and 45 minutes from George Domestic Airport. The 11,000-hectare (26,000 acre) private game reserve offers an exclusive Big Five, malaria-free safari living experience. The Reserve is situated in a spectacular landscape with herds of antelope and awe inspiring views of the Langeberg and Outeniqua Mountains. The first of its kind in the Western Cape, Gondwana offers the chance to own a safari home in a Big Five game reserve with 5-star amenities and the ultimate luxury . . . space to enjoy your natural surroundings. In fact Gondwana is one of the lowest density developments in South Africa; its development density is less .027% of the total land.
Gondwana Game Reserve offers a once in a lifetime investment in conservation and in your family. Only a few free-hold title Private Residences remain from the developer within this 5 star game reserve with world-class facilities and attractions on its doorstep including championship golf courses at Pinnacle Point, Fancourt, Oubaai and Pezula, great swimming and surfing beaches and the attractive coastal towns of Mossel Bay, Knysna and Plettenberg Bay.
Despite the reserve’s great location and accessibility to restaurants, private hospitals, and shopping, it is secluded and remote giving a feeling of being in the middle of nowhere. It shares the areas’ renowned temperate climate, recorded as second in the world to Hawaii’s offering prime year round game viewing and outdoor safari living at its best! Over 15 species of antelope can be found on the Reserve including kudu, eland, Impala, waterbuck, sable, grey reebok and many more.
Gondwana is home to 17 carnivore species ranging from the small grey mongoose and small-spotted genet to medium-sized species such as the caracal and bat-eared fox, to the very large and powerful lion. Indigenous Fynbos vegetation cloaks the undulating valleys, adding vivid colour and interest to the wilderness experience and draws endemic birdlife.
Contact us for more information on our private Western Cape eco estates.
- 11 000 hectare (26 000 acre) private game reserve
- Gondwana is the only free roaming Big 5 reserve located in the Southern Cape
- Gondwana is the only Big 5 reserve in the world located in a critically endangered Fynbos biome which provides abundant colour and interest to your safari
- Gondwana’s development density is less than .027% of the total land
- Game Viewing – Owners have exclusive traversing rights and full access to the free roaming big five reserve with extensive 2×4 and 4×4 game drive routes Big 5 species: lion, leopard, buffalo, rhino and elephant
24 herbivore mammal species
18 predator species
Over a 1000 species of fynbos plants
- Malaria Free and moderate Mediterranean climate
- Secure Environment: 2.4 meter electric perimeter game fencing with 24 hour manned security at entrance and exit gate
- 5 star Home Owners “club house” (Lehele Lodge) with infinity pool, dining, lounge and bar open at specific times
- 5 Star safari tourism lodge (Kwena Lodge) with gourmet dining, expert field guides, housekeeping service and Africology Spa treatments
- 1,000 hectare Protected Walking and Endangered Species Area with demarcated mountain bike trails, hiking, birding, fishing dams and picnic areas
- Viewing hide
- All home sites are serviced with 2×4 road access, Eskom electricity, potable water and telephone/internet supply. Refuse collection from each housing area is provided and potable water supplied as part of levy, however there is a municipal charge per bag for non recycled rubbish in an effort to minimize waste.
- Housekeeping and maintenance services available
- Professional Game Ranger facilities – Guided walking, game drives & birding safaris
- 25-minute drive from Mossel Bay and its beaches, shops and restaurants with top private hospital
- 15-minute drive from Pinnacle Point Golf Estate
- 45-minute drive from George Domestic Airport
- 4 hours drive from Cape Town and wine lands
- The Development is over 90% sold with only 6 plots left from the developer