Arrival & Check-in Information
Kindly note that Kwena Lodge will be shut down for a maintenance from the 1st May to the 20th May 2023.
Please note that all services will run from Lehele Lodge.
Live Weather Report on Gondwana
Check-in & Arrival Times
Please inform us of any dietary requirements, or special requests such as celebrations,
special interests or special needs.
- Check in from 14:00
- Lunch 13:00 -14:30
- Check in to room 14:00
- Afternoon Tea 15:30-16:00
- Afternoon game drive departs 15:30 – 16:30 (seasonal)
- Dinner from 19:00
- Morning game drive departs 06:00 – 07:00 (seasonal)
- Breakfast from 08:00 – 10:00
- Check Out 10:30
The spacious Kwena lodge facilities include a large infinity pool surrounded by semi-private sun lounging decks, chic open-plan lounge and bar area connected by expansive wooden decks and walkways. Dining is offered in beautiful indoor and outdoor settings including an elegant dining room set around 2 open fireplaces, an outdoor thatched modern dining space overlooking two waterholes. Guests are treated to delicious brunches, fun family picnics, evening barbecues and scenic sundowner spots.
Kwena Lodge Suites
Information for Guests staying in Kwena Lodge Suites
Kwena Lodge Suites are situated at the lodge overlooking the infinity pool and waterhole and can accommodate two people. Both guests staying at Kwena Lodge Suites and Kwena Lodge Villas, dine at Kwena Lodge and make use of all Kwena Lodge facilities. All Game Drives and activities depart daily from Kwena Lodge.
Kwena Lodge Suites are 14 stand-alone on-suite bedrooms: 75m2, open plan, double volume with thatch roof and mountain views;
- Large bathroom with rain shower, deep bath with picture window, double sinks and separate toilet room
- Indoor seating area by fireplace, separate dressing area, and private covered patio with double lounger
- King or Twin Beds (13 of the Kwena Suites can be split into twin beds), 100% cotton linen, bath towels and bath robes, non-allergenic pillows, hairdryer, tea station
Kwena Lodge Villas
Guests staying in Kwena Lodge Villas
Families and larger groups are accommodated at Kwena Lodge Villas which offer spacious, private luxury accommodation in 2 and 3 bedroom villas, only 5 minute drive from the main lodge. As an alternative to dining at Kwena Lodge, gourmet family barbecue (braai) packs are available for Kwena Lodge Villa guests to host private bush dinners at their Villa. Both guests staying at Kwena Lodge Suites and Kwena Lodge Villas, dine at Kwena Lodge and make use of all Kwena Lodge facilities. All Game Drives and activities depart daily from Kwena Lodge.
Accommodation at Gondwana’s Kwena Lodge includes the 7 Kwena Lodge Villas, which offer total privacy and spaciousness to groups particularly families with children. The deluxe three and four bedroom villas feature an open plan lounge with kitchen and dining room all opening onto a wraparound deck with magnificent valley and mountain views. Guests staying at Kwena Lodge Villas are on a full board basis which includes; accommodation, breakfast, lunch and dinner, Fynbos Walking Experience, Gondwana’s popular Junior Ranger Programme, Mountain Biking, afternoon tea as well as morning and afternoon game drives. Transfers are included to and from Kwena Lodge for meals and game drives.
- Villas are approximately 350m2 – 460m2 in size and ideal for families and groups
- Villa facilities include: Open plan, double volume lounge, kitchen and dining area with thatch roof, fireplace and Smart TV with Netflix
- Expansive deck with BBQ and magnificent valley and mountain views
- Bedrooms with king or twin beds, seating areas, fireplaces and private deck areas;
- En-suite bathrooms with walk in shower, deep bath, double sinks, 100% cotton linen, bath towels and
bathrobes, Non-allergenic pillows, hairdryer, tea station and bar fridge. In-room safety-deposit box,
electricity: AC 220V, free Wifi
- Twice-daily housekeeping with turn downs
Full Board Package Includes
- Afternoon and Morning game drive with beverages and snacks
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Afternoon Tea
- Free Internet Access (Wi-Fi) in the lodge and rooms
- Junior Ranger experience for children
- Complimentary Mountain Biking
- Fynbos Walking Experience
- Bottled water as well as complimentary filtered water and coffee and tea are provided in all accommodation and during meals.
BONUS EXTRAS: Spa voucher of R150 per adult per stay
EXTRAS: All other items not included in package such as extra activities, meals or spa treatments need to be booked 48 hours or more prior to arrival to avoid disappointment. ~ Please note this is also subject to availability at the time of booking.
Gondwana’s Bush Spa: To add to your luxurious stay at Gondwana, why not revitalize yourself with nature’s touch, tone and tempo and enjoy a relaxing and indulgent treatment in African style utilizing the luxurious Africology product range for your interest. Book your treatment for R200 or more prior to arrival and receive a R50 discount.
- Soft drinks and alcoholic drinks (except those served on Game Drive.)
- Guest Conservation Levy charged per person per stay
What To Pack – Essentials for all seasons
The best clothing to wear on Safari, is light and comfortable. Dress in layers and in the colours of the African Bush
~ Khaki, brown and beige.
- 1 wide-brim Safari Hat or cap
- 1 Beanie for cooler weather
- Neutral Safari coloured tops and bottoms (short sleeve and long sleeve shirts & pants / jeans and shorts)
- A Fleece or puffer Jacket
- Walking shoes & a pair of flip-flops
- Insect Repellent
- Binoculars: 10×42’s are best.
- Camera with a long lens is ideal
- Travel Adaptor & chargers
+27 (0)21 555 0807 / +27 (0)74 582 4861
Lodge: +27 (0)44 333 0200
Safari Activities on Offer
Pre-book the activities below to avoid disappointment
Tented Bush Spa
Gondwana’s Tented bush spa offers a full treatment menu utilizing the luxurious and all natural Africology product. Signature treatments include the anti-aging Sundowner Facial, African Bliss Body Wrap, and Happy Hippo Mud Wrap. The spa is a wonderful compliment to the overall restorative guest experience on the reserve – come and revitalize yourself with nature’s touch, tone and tempo.
Email: email@example.com to book a Spa treatment.
Junior Ranger Programme
The Junior Ranger Programme is complimentary for all children staying with 2 paying adults on a full or half board package.
The program includes educational family game drives, interactive activities with a dedicated Junior Ranger Field Guide such as fishing and tracking, as well as a fun Ranger’s backpack and cool custom safari booklet to fill in throughout their stay.
During game drives and other activities with their ranger, kids will be taught how to identify mammals, birds, Fynbos species, and even stars.
They will leave Gondwana with a greater understanding of conservation and our precious eco system all while having a safari holiday they will never forget!
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to book the Junior Ranger Programme for your children.
Fynbos Walking Experience
Join your experienced Field Guide and explore the unique flora on Gondwana Game Reserve on foot. Enjoy a guided walking flower safari and learn about the conservation of our rare and endangered Fynbos biome.
Email: email@example.com to book your Fynbos walking experience.
Gondwana offers 4 demarcated mountain biking routes situated in the Reserve’s 1000 hectare Protected and Endangered Species Area. We have complimentary mountain bikes with helmets for children and adults. You are also welcome to bring your own mountain bike. Please enquire at Reception to reserve a bike and to get a map of the trails.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to book your bikes.
Guest Conservation Activity
Volunteer an hour of your time to help remove invasive Black Wattle trees from the Reserve.
Nothing like getting active on Safari!
11 am Daily, meet at Reception
Email: email@example.com to book the Guest Conservation Experience.
Exhilarating game drives in a Free-roaming Big 5, 11 000 hectare private game reserve. Experiencing wildlife in a Cape Floral Setting is a once in a lifetime experience!
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Families with Children on Safari
- Gondwana is a family and child friendly game reserve.
- All families are accommodated in the spacious and luxurious 3 and 4 bedroom Bush and Fynbos Villas for their comfort and convenience.
- DISTANCE & SELF-DRIVE TO BUSH VILLAS: All guests staying in the more remote Bush Villas will be required to self-drive in their own vehicle to and from Kwena Lodge for all meals and game drives. Fynbos Villa guests are transferred the short distance to Kwena Lodge.
- FYNBOS & BUSH VILLAS COOKING FACILITIES: If you are staying in one of our Fynbos or Bush Villas, please note you will have full kitchen and BBQ facilities. If you are not on a full board package, please bring any food you require for meals and snacks with you as there is not a shop on site to buy food. The closest town is Mossel Bay which is 30km away where you can find shops and other Garden Route attractions. We do provide lunch picnics and take away dinners and BBQ packs on request.
The Junior Ranger Program is complimentary for all children staying with 2 paying adults on a full or half board package. The program includes educational family game drives, interactive activities with your Field Guide as well as a fun Ranger’s backpack and custom safari booklet to fill in throughout your stay.
Click here to Visit the Junior Ranger webpage
Download the Junior Ranger Fact Sheet
CHILDREN ON GAME DRIVE
- Children 6 years and older are permitted on the scheduled game drives
- For safety reasons, children under the age of 2 years are not permitted on game drives.
- Children under the age of 6 are not permitted on game drives with other guests, only on a private vehicle.
- The Lodge Team will, upon check-in, endeavour to facilitate young family Game Drives at no additional charge for families with children aged 2+ – 6 years of age. This is subject to availability and ages of children staying on the Reserve.
- A private vehicle can be reserved at an additional cost of R1 500 per game drive or R3000 per day to facilitate children from 2 – 5 years of age on Game Drives, should the family require this. This option is only bookable 48 hours prior to arrival and is subject to availability.
- Child minding can be arranged in the Villas during game drive times @ R150 per hour subject to availability 48 hours prior to your stay. In room dining can be arranged.
- Children’s menus are available. Please advise us should your children have any specific dietary requests, and we will gladly accommodate them.
- If parents wish to dine in privacy, baby-sitting can be arranged in the Villas with in room dining meals for kids to enjoy.
- Gondwana offers babysitting facilities (R150/sitter/hr), subject to availability.
- Families may also request picnic baskets for lunch in their villa and Braai packs with prepared sides for dinners.
Garden Route Attractions
There are many wonderful tourist and natural attractions on Gondwana’s doorstep. The Garden Route is known as the Garden of Eden; the area is one of the most visually spectacular tourism destinations in the world with mountains and ocean wherever you look.
Terms & Conditions
• Please make 50% deposit by the required date or your booking will be released and forfeited.
• The balance is due no later than 30 days prior to arrival.
• Payment can be made via Bank transfer (details are presented on invoice)
• Please send proof of payment to email@example.com
• Alternatively, if you would like to pay by Credit card – please request our credit card authorisation form by emailing reservations@gondwana.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Booking is only confirmed once payment has been received.
In the event of cancellation, the following rules shall apply:
• CANCELLATION fees of 100% of the value of the booking will apply if your reservation is cancelled 30 days or less prior to arrival.
• AMENDMENT fees of 25% of the value of the booking will apply if you amend your reservation 21 days or less prior to arrival.
R400.00 adult per stay and R200.00 per child per stay. The conservation levy guests pay is vital in helping Gondwana protect its endangered flora and fauna through its anti poaching unit and training facility as well as ongoing conservation programs to strengthen our biodiversity.