Children on Safari
Children of all ages are welcome on Gondwana …
- Families are accommodated into Private Villas (Fynbos Villas or Bush Villas) for their comfort and convenience. Cots and highchairs are available on request.
- Children under the age of 6 stay free when sharing with 2 full paying adults. Children under the age of 12 stay for 50% of the adult rate.
- For safety reasons, children under the age of 2 years are not permitted on game drives.
- Children under the age of 6 are not permitted on game drives with other guests. We try to accommodate young families with children under 6 together on game drives subject to availability.
- Gondwana offers private game vehicles (R3000 per day or R1500 per drive) subject to availability and only confirmed/guaranteed 48 hours prior to your stay.
- Children’s menus are available at all times. Please advise us should your children have any specific dietary requests.
- Child minding can be arranged in the Villas during meal times or game drives times @ R150 per hour. In room dining can be arranged.
- A complimentary Junior Ranger experience is available for children staying with adults on a full or half board package.
The Junior Ranger Program
Children The Junior Ranger program is included and complimentary for all children staying with their family on a full board or half board package. Children will receive a fun Ranger’s backpack and cool safari booklet to fill in throughout their stay. During game drives and other activities with their ranger, kids will be taught how to identify mammals, birds, Fynbos species, and even stars. They will gain a greater understanding of conservation and our precious eco systems.
Children 0 – 5.99 years of age stay free of charge when sharing with two full paying adults.
Children 6 – 11.99 years of age pay 50% of full adult rate for full board or half board packages, R1 200.00 per child per night for Bed, breakfast and game drive package or Accommodation and game drive package regardless of whether they stay in their parent’s room or occupy another room in the Villa.
Children 12 years and older pay the full adult rate.
No children under 6 are permitted on game drive, only on a private vehicle.
Children under the age of 2 are not permitted on a Game Drive for their own safety.
A private vehicle can be reserved at an additional cost of R1 500 per Game Drive to facilitate children from 2 – 5.99 years of age on Game Drives, should the family require this. This option is only bookable 48 hours prior to arrival and is subject to availability.
The Lodge Team will, upon check-in, endeavour to facilitate young family Game Drives at no additional charge for families with children aged 4 – 5.99 years of age.
Conservation fees – R400.00 per adult per stay and R200.00 per child per stay. Please note Conservation Fees apply and are not included in online or quoted rates.
The conservation levy guests pay is vital in helping Gondwana protect its endangered flora and fauna through its anti-poaching unit and training facility as well as ongoing conservation programs to strengthen our biodiversity.